Wednesday, October 21, 2015



October 21, 2015

Some notes on photos that I’ve taken recently.  As you may know we had four Golden Retrievers over the years.  We see a few in the park where are building is located.  I had to take a photo of one I spotted on the way home one day.  He/she (?) was a real beauty.  He was outside the coffee shop at the park.  Like all Goldens he thought I was there just to see him.

The Chicago Marathon was on Sunday October 11th.  The start passes very close to our condo and since I’m up early I went out to get a few photos.  


I spotted these Mexican horsemen when I was going to pick up a rental car.  They were part of the Columbus Day Parade.  I always thought the parade was an Italian event, but in Chicago every group participates in the parades.
The Chicago Architecture Association had an open house on the weekend of October 17 & 18.  There were over 200 places open to the public.  We visited three on Saturday, some of the places had a waiting line so we skipped those.  It was a beautiful day and there were a lot of people taking advantage of the opportunity.

Wednesday October 21st Sue made reservations for us to visit the McCormick Bridgehouse and River Museum that is located on the southwest corner of the Michigan Avenue Bridge.  In the spring and fall the bridges are opened on Saturday and Wednesday to allow the sail boats to get through.  They had pastries and coffee as part of the tour.  It was very nice, and as you’ll see from the photos I love this stuff.  Which is why my lovely wife made the reservations.




No comments:

Post a Comment