Sunday, May 28, 2017



May 27 and May 28, 2017             Copenhagen

The flight arrived Saturday at about 13:30.  We took the Metro #2 for a 15 minute ride into the city, and then another 15 minute walk to our hotel.  After checking in we went out to have a beer.  Then we walked around for a bit looking at the restaurants along the water front.  The next step was to find a church with a Saturday English Mass.  My previous searching had found two, and one, St. Ansgars was just a short walk from the hotel.  We found the church, but the Mass was in Danish!  This isn’t the first time we celebrated Mass in a foreign language.  I took a few photos as we walked around, so the next test will be getting these photos into a “Google Album” and then posting that album into the blog.  I’ll try to refrain from complaining about Google, because I’ve done enough of that enough already.

We are going out for dinner in a bit, so I may not get the album and this post into the blog until tomorrow.  It is Sunday.  We went to Restaurant Skindbuksen and it was fantastic.  It was founded in “1728”!  The place is not very big, which only adds to the charm.  There was a piano player/singer, drunk patrons and regulars who sang very well.  The songs varied from the Beatles to Danish.  We got the Mini-Platter: Marinated herring, Deep fried fish with relish (the relish was great), Creamy chicken mayo salad with bacon, Pork roast with red cabbage, Cheese, bread and butter.  It was all great, but my favorite was the herring.  We will eat more herring in Amsterdam.  I can’t get enough.  And the beer was very good.

I really screwed up AGAIN!!!  I thought that one of our paintings was on view at the Statens Museum for Kunst.  Well it wasn’t on display.  So we added this leg of our trip to Copenhagen JUST to see this one painting!!!  This means that we’ll have to come back.
The link for the photos I’ve taken the last two days is posted below.  To see these photos you have to copy this link into the address bar of your browser.  If you have trouble ask one of your kids how to do this.  You are in luck, I haven’t made any comments on the photos yet.  But I also have not removed any of the bad photos. Update - I just clicked on this link and that took me to the photo album.  I don't know if that is because I'm the author, but you might try that to see if that will open the album for you.  Its worth a try.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment