Wednesday, August 3, 2022

August 2, 2022  Art of the Brick – Lego Exhibition at Chicago Museum of Science and Industry

For my 75th birthday the whole family: me, Sue, Rae and Jude went to the Lego Exhibit, “Art of the Brick” at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.  Sue and I had seen a small Lego exhibit more than a few years ago in the River East area of Chicago on Illinois St. We don’t remember too much about, but we are old. I didn’t really know what to expect at this new exhibit.  Well it hit the sweet spot of my Art OCD!  About half of the display were Lego recreations of famous paintings.  So of course I took too many photos, and if you are reading this you get to see them all.  Many of the recreations were of paintings in the book “1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die.”  Since you are reading this blog you know that I am obsessed with seeing these paintings.  So even if one of the exhibits wasn’t of a 1001 painting I managed to put a 1001 painting by that artist in the album.  

 Art of the Brick 

No comments:

Post a Comment