Tuesday, August 9, 2022

 

August 8, 2022  Cezanne exhibit Art Institute of Chicago

I finally made it to the Art Institute to see the Cezanne Exhibit. Sue had seen it a couple of weeks ago with some friends who came into town to see this exhibit.  She was kind enough to go with me to be sure I didn’t get lost going there or coming home.  Cezanne has four paintings in the 1001 book, and we’ve seen them all, amazing!  As you will see Cezanne painted many similar versions of the four 1001 paintings.  There are 41 photos of Cezanne paintings in this album.  There were many more Cezanne paintings in the exhibit, but I just took photos of paintings that are similar to the 1001 paintings.  Consider yourself lucky. There is one photo of an Andy Warhol painting at the Art Institute that is similar to the 1001 Warhol painting just because.  I also took photos of all the information cards, but I didn’t include them in the album. You can thank me later.  Sue did notice one thing we hadn’t seen before on some of the information cards; they listed a famous artist who owned a particular Cezanne painting.  Many of these artists were Impressionists, think of Manet or Monet.  Cezanne knew many of the Impressionists, but his art is not considered Impressionist. 

Art Institute Chicago - Cezanne Exhibit 

No comments:

Post a Comment