Saturday July 22, 2023 Chicago Art Institute van Gogh Exhibition
July 22, 2023 Art Institute Chicago
We went to the Chicago Art Institute to see the “Van Gogh and the Avant-Garde: The Modern Landscape” exhibition. I think the paintings were displayed in eight to ten rooms. So I of course took too many photos. The first room had three Triptychs on display. So I started to take photos of the paintings, their individual information cards, and the information about each Triptych. When there was a person or persons in front of painting I would move to the next available painting. So I eventually saw everything and took photos of every painting and their information cards. I think it took about 1.5 hrs, then I went home to organize the albums. I had taken 166 photos. When I started arranging the photos of the 2nd Triptych I only had photos of two of the paintings, yikes!!! Then for the `3rd Triptych I only had one photo!!! I thought that I must have missed some of the Triptych paintings because I was moving around to avoid waiting for other people to study paintings. So the next day I went back to get the Triptych photos I missed. Well… it turns out that only one of the Triptychs actually had three paintings on display, another had two paintings on display, and the third triptych had only one painting on display. I guess my moving around to avoid waiting to take my photos I didn’t notice this. Now that I was at the exhibition just to get the Triptych photos, it was too obvious that I was in such a hurry that I just didn’t pay attention to how the paintings were displayed. But all’s well that ends well. There are 130 photos in this album, so you’ve been warned.
No comments:
Post a Comment