Saturday, March 2, 2024

POSTED     Mar 2, 2024

Feb 29, 2024       Back Home

We left Barcelona Thursday, our flight left ~12:15, changed planes in Dublin and arrived home around 20:00. Rae picked us up and drove us home.  The condo was a bit of a mess because of the water leak in a unit a couple of floors above us a few days after we left for Spain. Basically the repair work required removing most of the clothing form the closet in the second bedroom. So there was a lot of stuff stacked in the living room.  We/Sue will have to see how we get the floor repaired.  There are at least three places where the wood strips have been damaged.

We are still just a little bit on Barcelona time, but we are getting a little better each day.  I did manage to leave my Barbour oilcloth coat in Barcelona.  Sue contacted our host, and he will be in Barcelona in a week.  So I hope it won’t be too much trouble to get it shipped home.  It could be 40 years old, and it looks it, but I want it back.  It is tough to get old, it does beat the alternative, but it isn’t always easy.  Now we will have to see about planning our next trip.  We/Sue will probably investigate the Non-lucrative Visa, NLV option for living in Spain and the Schengen District (basically Western Europe).  There are some smaller countries that also have easier requirements, i.e. lower cost and no residential requirement, i.e. pay the money but don’t live in the country.  Notice how I like i.e., don’t know if I’m using it correctly, but who cares?  We can dream can’t we?

No comments:

Post a Comment