What happens on March 1 in Amsterdam??
The weather is starting to get better. In fact today is it sooo sunny I'll have to break out the sunglasses. We noticed on Friday the 1st that all the cafes had assembled their outdoor seating. Many keep a few tables outdoors for the hearty all year round, but I guess, on March 1 it is no holds barred. They do have the overhead heaters going though. Ray and I are not that interested in outdoor life yet.
Ray has been fighting the flu for almost 2 weeks. It hit him hard...cough, chills, temp, body aches. We both got the flu shot here, but I guess his just wasn't good enough. After a full week we both decided he need more then just nursing care and headed for the doctor. Gosh darn that socialized medicine. He got same day service plus 2 perscriptions for €54. See America, "Yes we can."
Yesterday we decided to go out and look for the Theo Van Gogh memorial. I knew we had seen it before, but just wasn't sure where. Theo was murdered in 2004 by a Dutch-Moroccan Muslim. He produced a short film criticizing the treatment of women in Islam. Theo's father was in the Dutch secret service. His uncle was killed in World War II for being part of the Dutch resistance. His great grandfather was the art dealer Theo Van Gogh who was the brother of the infamous Vincent.
Monday, March 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment