Saturday, January 19, 2019


January 16, 2019               Louvre
This is the third post today, so down the page and start at January 14th.

We went to the Louvre on our last day.  We arrived around 10:00 and there was NO line to get in.  We have seen just about every painting on all the lists that I have.  The exceptions are copies of two La Tours paintings and two paintings attributed to Leonardo.  But that doesn’t mean I can’t start a new list.  There were about 13 paintings by the Le Nain brothers on display in the Sully Wing, so that is where we started.  The photos show that there was almost nobody in the Sully Wing.  Too save time I posted the photo of the information of each painting after the photo.  Sue is always on the lookout for paintings of St. Jerome with the Lion, The Annunciation, and St. Sebastian so we always to get photos of these three subjects.  By the time we got to the Grand Gallery in the Denon Wing the Louvre was crowded.  

That’s all, we got  home Thursday January 17th

No comments:

Post a Comment