Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Monday May 22, 2023 Stockholm

I am writing this on Thursday May 25th on the train in Gothenburg waiting to leave for Oslo.  This ride will be about 3.5 hr.  Back to Monday the 22nd.  The Nationalmuseum in Stockholm is closed on Monday AND Tuesday. 

I bought tickets for SJ train 532 on March 3rd for our May 22nd trip Copenhagen to Stockholm.   On about May 15th SJ the Swedish train company notified us that train 532 would now leave from Malmo, Sweden.  SJ told us that there was a train from Copenhagen to Malmo that would get us to Malmo in time to take the 532 to Stockholm.  I checked the ticket price for the train from Copenhagen to Malmo, and it was about twice as much as the bus from Copenhagen to Malmo, so I bought the bus tickets.  When I asked the SJ company for a refund, they told me our original 532 tickets would be work for the train to Malmo. The message from SJ didn’t tell me this.  When I complained again they answered by saying they needed the bus ticket cost, numbers, checking acct., credit card #, routing number, my shoe size, etc.  They won, I ate the bus ticket cost.

We got the train from Copenhagen to Malmo and caught the 532 train to Stockholm.  The Nationalmuseum in Stockholm opens at 11:00 am on Wednesday, so we had Monday afternoon and all day Tuesday to do other things.  So we checked into the Lord Nelson Hotel, dropped our bags and set off to visit the 1912 Stockholm Olympic stadium.  It was about a 40 min. walk to the stadium.  We walked all around the stadium until we found the one open gate.  There were people inside running/training on the track.  I took a few photos and then we headed back to the hotel.  We stopped at a 7-11 to see about buying bus tickets, and learned we could use our credit card to pay for our bus ride.  So Google Maps told us which bus to take, and that is what we did.  Before our visit we had located a beer bar with Belgian beer that wasn’t too far from our hotel, so that is where we went.  Sue had a burger and I had muscles and frites, and Belgian beer.  It was all very good.  Then it was back to our hotel and bed.

Monday May 22, 2023 Stockholm 

No comments:

Post a Comment