Friday, October 10, 2025

New Orleans Oct 4-6 2025         New Orleans Museum of Art

 I will try to keep this short (you wish).  I had searched to see if the 1001 painting "Marie Antoinette, Queen of France,1788" by Elisabeth Louise Vigee Le Brun would be on display at Versailles when we would be in Europe in October.  The web page listed the painting as ‘Off Site’.  So I used Google image to search for the painting, and it told me that the painting was at the New Orleans Museum of Art!!  So I immediately contacted the Museum to confirm that if would be on display in September & October, and the Museum confirmed that it would be on display.  I believe the painting is always on display.  So Sue immediately planned our trip to New Orleans.  She is too good to me, and I love it.  We would visit from Saturday Oct 4 to Oct 6.  Okay, enough of this.  We flew down from Midway to the Louis Armstrong Airport and arrived about 12:30.  We took the 202 bus for 40 minutes that got us about a 10 min. walk from our hotel. For some reason all the public transportation in New Orleans was free today.  We checked into our hotel, the Holiday Inn French Quarter-Chateau Lemoyne.  Then we set off to find the New Orleans Museum of Art.  We took a streetcar, a few blocks from the hotel that went directly to the Museum, and again the ride was free today.  The ride took about 40 minutes, and the Museum is the trolley’s last stop.  Then it was a nice walk through a park to the Museum.  The first photo album below photos for out three days in New Orleans.

The second album below are photos from the New Orleans Museum’s Sculpture Garden.  There are over 90 sculptures in the garden, but I only got photos of 30+ sculptures.  There are some sculpture photos in the first album.

 2025-10-04-06 New Orleans

2025 09 04 New Orleans Sculpture Garden 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment