Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Saturday June 13th Krakow

Rae took off to visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine, that wasn’t far from Krakow, and we went outside the Old Town Square to see other parts of the town.  As you can see I took a bunch of photos of the Grunwald Monument.  It was constructed in 1910 to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald, when an alliance of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania decisively defeated the German Teutonic Order.  We then went to the Princes Czartoryski Museum.  It has the painting Lady with an Ermine by Leonardo da Vinci.  We had seen this painting on our previous visit.  This museum has many other works of art besides paintings so I only took a few photos, lucky for you.  Next we went to St. Mary's Bascilica that is on the Old Town Square. I took a lot of photos, without comments.  We went to Saturday Mass in Polish at St. Mary's Bascilica.  I think we finished off the day at our Belgian bar. 

Saturday June 13th Krakow 

No comments:

Post a Comment