Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Thursday June 18th Berlin

Today we visited preserved sections of the Berlin Wall.  One section has pretty much been turned into a graffiti wall.  It had some interesting illustrations, but it was mostly graffiti.  The other section was more artistic.  If you can believe it I didn’t take many photos.  We then came across Museum Island.  It is one of the capital's most visited sights and one of the most important museum sites in Europe.  Who knew?  There are five museums on Museum Island in Berlin. I know we’ve visited the National Gallery because it has a 1001 painting.  The other museums we visited in Berlin are not on this island.  We didn’t visit any Berlin museums on this trip, can you believe it?  We then hunted down the apartment of a couple who we exchanged homes with, probably in 2010.  We then met them again the next time we were in Berlin, maybe 2013.  We went out to dinner, and sneaky Karl-Heinz paid for dinner.  Ruth contacted us after we returned home.  She told us that shortly after our dinner Karl-Heinz had a medical problem, and died shortly afterward.  We met Ruth again in Berlin in 2017 with her new boyfriend Michael.  I’ve added the photo I took when we met in 2017.  

 Thursday June 18th Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment