Thought I’d post something even though we haven’t done
anything worth mentioning since Paris. Sue
posted that we joined a gym so we’ve been going there every day. One day for treadmill/elliptical and the next
day on the weight machines, exciting stuff.
I’ll have to look up exercise programs, because I don’t know what I’m doing. In about 10 days we are going to Belgium to
track down a few more paintings, 10 we hope.
We are renting a car and plan to visit at least six cities. We have rented a GPS so there is a chance we
will actually get to where we want to go.
We are also going to the Henri Chapelle American Military Cemetery to
visit the grave of Sue’s cousin’s father who was killed in the Battle of the
Bulge.
Sue has
thoughts: Observations I have made after
living here for 3 plus months.
·
These folks are really tall. We see guys 6’9” or taller every day. The gals are tall too.
·
I have never seen so much curly blonde
(uncombed) hair. And the kids are sooo
cute.
·
Beautiful teeth.
Must be that socialist dental care!!
·
The cyclists are king. No one follows any rules of the road. No pedestrian right-a-ways here.
·
Most of the Dutch speak perfect English, and
they don’t seem to get pissed that I don’t know a lick of their language.
·
People don’t take unfinished meals home. We have seen people leave practically whole
pizzas on their plates and leave. Last
night I had leftover pasta and they had to wrap it in a makeshift container.
No comments:
Post a Comment