Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cabin Fever

It snowed a little Sunday and we haven't gone out since, so I thought I post something just to let anyone who cares know we are still here.  We did watch the inauguration and that has been it. 

We were thinking of going to Stockholm because the National Museum has 15 paintings on our list.  That would be worth the trip.  So I emailed the museum to see how many are on display and got the sad news that only 3 are on displlay and that isn't worth the trip.  Stockholm is very far north so  probably pretty cold and dark.  There are two paintings on loan to a museum in Groningen, NL.  So we are probably going to take a train there (2 hr) on Saturday. 

There is also a Tutankhamen exhibition in Amsterdam, so we may even go there one of these days.  I remember when King Tut's mask was in Chicago about 30 years ago and the lines to see it were huge, so we didn't go.  My smart sister went on the last day and walked right in without  waiting in line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment