Tuesday, October 30, 2018


October 28, 2018              Barcelona            Sunday 28th

Steve and Hannah arrive later today, so we set of for Montjuic to see the Mies van der Rohe Pavillion, Sue is a big fan of Mies’ work.  Montjuic is a hill that overlooks Barcelona.  We will visit a couple of other sites on Montjuic with S&H later in the week.  The Mies Pavillion is an example of his Minimalist style.  We visited the CaixaForum (this is how it is spelled) because there was a Toulouse-Lautrec Exhibition.  I of course took WAY TOO MANY photos.  This is why I haven’t posted recently, because it takes time to add comments to the photos.  I’ll stop here, because I complain about this every trip about this same thing.

We met Hannah and Steve as they got off the Aerobus from the airport.  They were tired after a long day/night of flying: Chicago-Munich, 3 hour layover then Munich-Barcelona.  But being the troopers they are, after dropping off their luggage, taking a shower it was off to a tapas bar to eat.  After that we took them to the Obama Pub to finish off the evening.  As it turns out, we had drunk them out of our favorite Belgian beer, but we managed to get by.

Tomorrow early evening, Miro and Cathy, Steve’s dad and wife Cathy arrive.  Since it’s Tuesday as I write this we’ve joined up for tapas and drinks already, but that is for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment