Monday Dec 2, 2019 – Amsterdam Light
Festival
I’ve admitted defeat. I took too
many photos in Vienna, 837!!!! This is just too many for me to organize. I will
finish this when we are back home.
I’m posting our photos of the Amsterdam
Festival of Lights that I've taken over several days. Some of the displays are straight forward, and some aren’t.
The photos for each installation are in this order: Colored Banner, photos of
the display, information banner, and enlarged English description. The video of
the “Ice Melting at the Poules” is not as good as seeing it in person. The
camera shows the building in good detail. In person the building is just a
black shadow that the lights play across. The “De Nacht-Loerrr-Ders” also looks
better in person, the eyes blink on-off all along the canal. I didn’t try a
video because of the distance over which the lights were spaced. Enough excuses, All but one of the displays
are on the canals so the boat companies can sell tours to see the lights.
Saturday night the boats were in an almost continuous line. Sunday night there
far fewer boats.
We came across the welded sculptures
of animals while tracking down some banners we had missed. We are always
showing this type of art to Courtney, our granddaughter the welder.
No comments:
Post a Comment