Thursday, November 28, 2019


Thursday Nov 28, 2019 - Amsterdam 2nd post today
 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  We celebrated by going to FEBO.  FEBO is an automat food place, where you pick food out of a window.  We each had a Bami deep fried roll with vegetables, noodles and a little chicken.  Today was just like yesterday, rain on and off, so we came home after our Thanksgiving Day snack. Besides I need to get up extra early tomorrow.

I’m taking a 7:00 flight to Vienna to see a Caravaggio exhibition. Sue doesn’t have the need (compulsion/obsession?) to see the Caravaggio paintings that I do. One of the painting is from a private collection that I’ve never seen on exhibit before. The other painting “Narcissus” is from the Barberini Museum in Rome. We’ve been to that museum at least three times and it has always been on loan to other museums. These two by Caravaggio will get my total to 59 of the ~65 paintings the experts agree were actually by Caravaggio. “Narcissus” is also a 1001 painting, so this will be a double bonus. There is also another 1001 painting on display at the Vienna Kunsthisorisches Museum, so I’ll get two more for that list.  There are a few other paintings at this museum that are on lists that I’ve started since we’ve last visited Vienna.  There is also an Albrecht Durer exhibit in Vienna, so I will have a full day. My return flight is at 20:00. I’m flying EasyJet, so I don’t have any luggage or carryon to avoid any extra charges. EasyJet is known for charging for everything. I’ve told Sue I’ll be taking selfies all day, she can’t wait to see them.




Wednesday Nov 27, 2019 - Rijksmuseum

The rain was on and off most of the day, so I made the walk to the Rijksmuseum to take more photos of paintings. The excuse I use for taking photos of so many paintings is that I’m just a little compulsive. I never know when I’ll start a new list, so I have to keep track of the paintings we’ve seen, just in case.  

No comments:

Post a Comment