Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursday June 26, 2014


We went to the Albert Cuyp market this morning, and I didn’t take any photos.  It is a large street market where you can buy just about anything.  Sue did a little shopping, we got some chicken and salmon.  We also stopped at one of my favorite places, the map store.  I bought three maps of regions in Italy where we will be renting a car to get to paintings in smaller towns.  Just in case anyone is interested the regions are: Piemonte e Valle d’Aosta (2 paintings), Umbria e Marche (5 paintings) and Campania e Basilicata (it also has a section of Puglia (1 painting) where we will actually).  Even though we’ll have a GPS, I still like to have a map.  This keeps me occupied as I can plot out the routes and then look up to see what might be worth stopping to see on the way  to each destination.

After lunch we went out to go the Amsterdam Museum.   We walked up Kalverstraat, the main shopping street in Amsterdam.  We lived on Kalverstraat for 11 months and it was great.  I won’t bore you with details on another museum.  We got back home in time to watch the USA vs Germany match.  The first half just ended, and the USA was lucky to be tied nil-nil.  Germany had too many good chances.  We’ll keep our fingers crossed for the second half.  Well the USA backs into the Knock-Out round.

Today's photos

June 26, 2014 Amsterdam


 

No comments:

Post a Comment