Sunday, June 29, 2014


We went to our Ghana/Nigerian church today.  It is always a treat.  These folks really sing, it is like being in a 200 person choir!  The neighborhood around the church was ready for today’s match. 

WHEW!!!  Thank goodness the Nederlanders won.  We went down to the Museumplein to watch the game just to say that we were there.  We left before the first half ended.  We got home in time to see the second half.  What a finish to the match!  It was a nail bitter, I didn’t think I could care so much about a ‘football’ match.  Now we have to wait for the USA vs Belgium match on Tuesday.  On our way home from the Museumplein two girls asked us for directions to Rembrandtplein.  Since that was on our way we walked them there.  Well it turns out they are from Belgium.  We had a nice conversation as we walked.

Before the match at 18:00 I went out to look for “The Bronze Breast”, one of the Anonymous Sculptures I mentioned in the last post.  Well this one was very easy to find.  I’ve only got three more to find.  We are going to rest now before the match with Greece and Costa Rica.


No comments:

Post a Comment