Monday November 3, 2014
Well we got our miracle! I called the Curator at 8:30 and he had just
read my email from last night, and he apologized for not getting back to me
sooner. Anyway we agreed to meet at his
building at 9:30 after he finished a telephone interview with a newspaper. He was very nice, and Sue adds also very good
looking: 30s, tall, thin, dressed casually and smart, he is a Doctor after
all. He had our painting and about four
others to show us. The paintings are on
paper and not framed. Each is about the
size of regular typing paper. He took us
to an area where we could sit at a table and view the paintings. He explained what our painting was about; I
won’t bore you with the details, but I’ll just tell you that it is an Avatar of
Vishnu defeating a demon. We found it
fascinating, as of course we would.
We are on the train to Milano and the
scenery is beautiful and dramatic, the sun is out and it is another beautiful
day. We have been going down a valley
flanked by mountains that I’m guessing are 3,000-5,000 ft. tall. Many have snow at the top. There are lots of cows and quintessential
Swiss farm buildings. The train also
goes through a lot of tunnels. We also
went by a couple of pretty good sized lakes with modern homes on the shores. We just came out of a tunnel that was several
miles long into the clouds, so we must have been climbing as we went through
the tunnel. It is now gray and the rocks
along the track are wet as it is raining.
We arrived on time at Milano Centrale.
We got our phones activated where I shook hands with a guy from Nigeria,
who was getting a SIM card for his tablet.
So I don’t know if he was just in from Nigeria, but assume that was the
reason he was in the phone store. I will
be home in about 25 days, so if I have Ebola the symptoms should manifest
themselves before I get home, so no worries.
I just heard on a BBC interview that the World Health Organization has
ruled that Nigeria is Ebola free! So
really no worries, unless of course it is Ebola free because all the folks with
Ebola have left Nigeria and have gone to Milan.
After that we went to our very nice hotel. We went to the convent that has the “Last
Supper” to see if the gift shop was open.
I want to get Sue a scarf that we saw on our last visit, but it was
closed so will try again tomorrow. Our
luck with the weather may have run out.
The weather forecast is for a good chance of rain all week. That will be an inconvenience when we visit
Cimitero Monumentale to see the elaborate tombs/sculptures, but unless it is
raining cats and dogs it won’t stop us.
No comments:
Post a Comment