August 11, 2019 Sunday Rome Airport Hotel
I somehow missed a video from yesterday of the fireworks we
see from the hotel’s rooftop deck, so I’ve added it to this very short photo
album. Our flight to Rome tomorrow is at 11:40
and we arrive at 13:10. We had one last
breakfast on the rooftop deck and then it was time to go. We actually arranged for a taxi to pick us up
at the hotel. We are getting soft in our
old age. We got to the airport early as
we always do. We had the same checked
baggage experience as we did in Rome to Palermo and Catania to Valletta: the
flight is crowded, yada yada. Our bag
was checked while others rolled them onto the plane, and once again there was
plenty of room in the overhead. Just
something for me to complain about. The
flight was uneventful, thankfully. We
took the hotel’s shuttle to the Accor hotel at the airport. We didn’t get a room upgrade, but Sue’s gold
status did get us a free drink at the bar.
Sue knew that the hotel had a pool, so she had brought her
swim suit. The weather was still very
warm, so she changed and went for a swim.
She didn’t do her daily mile swim because she had almost 3 weeks off. I didn’t count the laps, actually I went back
upstairs before she finished her swim.
After the swim and a little rest we had dinner at the
hotel. Tomorrow we are on the way
home. We saw 5 paintings on the 1001
list, and our total is 704, we missed 2 that I thought would be on display. We saw 10* Caravaggio paintings and missed 2
I thought would be on display, I’m counting the reproduction in Palermo as a
painting. * I get to make the rules, so we’ve seen 57 of 64 “authored”
Caravaggio’s, when we add in the attributed, copies, and disputed our total is 75.
Just for fun I’ve added photos of our granddaughter Josie’s
Medusa tattoo, and a video of the Blue Angels flying over Chicago. That’s all for now, our next trip is to Amsterdam on October 15th.
No comments:
Post a Comment