Sue and I went out to visit William Hogarth’s House. We took the #27 bus right outside our door to
the museum. The ride was just over an
hour. It was one of the best rides we’ve
had. The bus went through some very nice
neighborhoods, by several rail stations and through an amazing number of
commercial areas. It seems that just
about every other shop is a restaurant or Café. We went by St. Mary’s Hospital where Alexander
Fleming discovered Penicillin. We love
this kind of stuff. There are Blue
Plaques all over London, most of them are of people we’ve never heard of. So far I’ve resisted the urge to buy the
official book and track them all down.
Maybe after we finish the 1001 list, but I do take a photo whenever I
see one.
We stopped at the Fuller Brewery on the way home and The
Churchill Arms. Pictures of both, of
course
I’ve contacted all the museums that we’ll visit on our travels
to Manchester, and they have all responded positively so we should see 18
paintings on that trip. From there we go
to Edinburgh where we may be able to see 17-18 paintings. I haven’t started confirming those
appointments yet, maybe later this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment