We went back to the National Gallery this afternoon. The Gallery is open until 21:00 on Friday so
we left around 16:00 to do a little grocery shopping, and then I went back and
stayed until 20:00. The place isn’t
deserted in the evening, but it seems like it is compared to the crowds earlier
in the day. I know you are probably
tired of hearing about museums, but museums are what we do. The National Gallery is a wonderful place (if
you like museums that is).
On Saturday guess where we went? That is right another museum. We went back to Tate Britain. I’ll spare you the details. Tonight we went out to eat and had a
wonderful dinner. The restaurant was
just about deserted, but the server explained that August is when Londoners go
on holiday. And this restaurant while
not exclusive, it was fine dining so the tourists looking for fish n’chips
probably won’t end up here. Mass tonight
was well within the 35-40 minute average.
I think the homily was probably less than 10 minutes and I thought we
were going to set a new record. However
the priest did sing a bit so that kept us from the record.
Tomorrow we are probably going to the Natural History Museum
and the Science Museum. Or we may go
shopping for that book on the Blue Plaques that I mentioned earlier. But plans may change depending on when we get
up and get out.
![]() |
| 0001 2014 08 15 |

No comments:
Post a Comment