Friday, August 8, 2014


Thursday August 7, 2014
A better art day today than yesterday.  We visited the Tate Britain where we had an appointment at the Prints and Drawings Room to see two paintings.  The only problem was I had made the appointment for August 6th and not the 7th!  I know it’s hard to believe that I made a mistake, Sue still can’t believe it.  But the curator was very nice, she explained that they had the drawings ready for us yesterday, but she asked us to come back in half an hour so she could get them out for us.  So that is what we did.  These paintings are small, about the size of a piece of typing paper.  We are able to sit and examine them very closely at a table.  I won’t go into detail (I know, another surprise) but it is neat to be able to examine paintings so closely. 

Sue has been working like a demon to get us another apartment after we travel for the first two weeks of September.  We met our agent in the afternoon to sign the papers for the new place.  This one is a bit further out than we are now.  After we signed the papers we went off to walk to the new place and check out the area.  The area is a bit more residential than our present location, but there is a bus stop at the corner.  We located a proper grocery store on our walk that is right in the heart of Camden Town that will be our grocery store.  We will go there today to restock before Jude and Tamme arrive.  Friday is supposed to be rainy day, so it might be a museum day, imagine that.
July 13, 2023 - I can't find this photo, so I can't up date this page.  I will keep looking, and if I find it I'll up date this post.  Nobody will see this note, and I won't be looking to hard for the missing photos
London August 7 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment