We bought rail tickets for two
more journeys and then it was off to Camden Town to do a little shopping, and
for Sue to get an appointment for a haircut.
I was looking for a shoulder bag to carry around our two umbrellas. The weather has been what I think is pretty
typical for London, i.e. “a chance of showers”.
After stopping for a cup of
coffee we walked home to scout out more Blue Plaques. We found several along the way. This time there is one guy we’ve heard of,
Dylan Thomas. I don’t know that I read
any of his poems. If I read any in high
school I have long since forgotten the poems, and high school. George Macdonald turned into one of my
favorites when I read his citation in our book.
You’ll see from the photos that I found a bag that George would have
liked. Tomorrow we are off to see three
paintings on our list in Southampton and Bournemouth and then home. We might venture out to Oxford over the
weekend where there are 10 paintings at the Ashmolean Museum. Unfortunately the museum doesn’t list what is
on display, all they would tell me is that “many should” be on display. I hope many means 9 and not 4!
No comments:
Post a Comment