Monday, July 18, 2016



July 18, 2016                 Chicago

Have I mentioned that (I use that phrase a lot don’t I?).  Sue went to the College of St. Teresa in Winona, MN.  Of course we have to take a photo of every painting of St. Teresa that we see.  When we were in St. Peter’s in Rome there was a gift shop that had a statue of St. Teresa, a “Doctor of the Church” don’t you know.  Now we have her in the condo.  You can tell from the photo above and the photos in the album that we have a lot of paintings. photographs, posters, etc. on our walls.  Our condo is starting to look like your grandparents house with too much stuff on the walls.  Since we are grandparents we are allowed to do this.  When you get to this age you care less and less about what other people think.  Have you seen some of my colored pants?  The other photo in the album is an exhibition at the Harold Washington Library that I noticed on my way out.  The photo shows soldiers Dog Tags suspended from the ceiling.  It is more impressive in person.  I will go back to find out more about the exhibition, because I’m sure there are more exhibits.

We went to the Memorial Service for Rose, Sue’s sister at her home in Kewanee last Saturday.  Jude, Tamme, Rae and three of the four granddaughters: Emily, Josie and Rylee were also there.  It was really a wonderful event.  There were probably 50 people there.  Tom did a great job organizing the service, it was just really nice.  It is still hard to accept that she is gone.

Picasa has done it again; there are supposed to be only three photos in the attached album.   I won't even tear my hair out trying to get it correct.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment