Saturday, July 2, 2016



July 2, 2016                    I’ve posted both July 1 and July 2 today – didn’t want you miss anything

Today the Rijksmuseum is showing two Rembrandt paintings that haven’t been shown in an exhibition since 1956!  They have been in private collections since they were painted in 1634.  The paintings are the Wedding Portraits of Marten Soolman and Oopjen Coppit.  You can read about the paintings at this Wikipedia page:


The museum was free, so there was quite a crowd when we got there, but what else do we have to do?  Today on TV we can watch Wimbledon, The Tour de France and later Euro 2016, Germany vs Italy.  Although we will have to go out and eat between end of Wimbledon and the start of footie.  I may go out earlier to get some cookies and/or jelly beans.  I am on vacation.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment