October 31, 2018 Barcelona Wednesday 31st
I have two posts for Oct 30th & 31st
This morning we met Steve and Hannah at the Picasso Museum, Miro and Cathy were there, but they were going to visit on Friday. The bad/good news is no photos are allowed in the Picasso Museum. This museum is better than the Picasso Museum in Paris because it has paintings spanning the different styles over his career. After the museum Sue and I set off to find a post office to mail a birthday card. The closest one was a very large classical building. Steve and Hannah were off to meet up with Miro and Cathy.
This morning we met Steve and Hannah at the Picasso Museum, Miro and Cathy were there, but they were going to visit on Friday. The bad/good news is no photos are allowed in the Picasso Museum. This museum is better than the Picasso Museum in Paris because it has paintings spanning the different styles over his career. After the museum Sue and I set off to find a post office to mail a birthday card. The closest one was a very large classical building. Steve and Hannah were off to meet up with Miro and Cathy.
Our next stop was the Joan Miro Museum. This museum did allow photographs. I took too many, but I will post the photos
with minimal comments. I actually took
more photos of the exhibit “Lee Miller and Surrealism in Britain” because most
of the artists have paintings on the 1001 list.
It was raining while we were at the museum, so we couldn’t go into the
sculpture garden. Some of his best known
works are sculptures. While in the
gallery I saw a flash and thought someone took a flash picture, but in almost
the same instant there was a very loud crash of thunder. The same thing happened again a few moments
later. The storm must have been right
overhead. Sue and I were separated when
she heard “loud” rain, but when she looked outside it was hailing very
hard. There was small hail covering the
plaza/roof where the sculptures are located. That lasted for a few minutes, and
I think it happened again. After the
museum we went home to rest up before dinner.
The whole crowd went to Cuines Santa Caterina, the
restaurant where we ate our first night in town. Hannah and I had the Skate wing, it was just
as good as Sue’s the first time we were there.
We were all sampling what everyone had ordered, it was a really good
time. After dinner we went stopped at
Dunne’s Irish Pub for a nightcap. The
servers were in costume for Halloween.
The bar was passing out orange witches’ hats, so of course we have
photos and then it was home to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment