November 5, 2018 Lisbon Monday 5th
I’ve been derelict, and I’m not posting much now
either. As you can see from the title we
are in Lisbon, Portugal. We travelled on
Saturday Nov 3rd, and went to Mass that evening. This was a big military parade weekend in
Lisbon, so the buses & trams were not running in the city center, where we
are staying. We had to walk to church,
and that isn’t normally an issue.
However Lisbon is very hilly, so by the time we walked the 30+ minutes
to church, found dinner and then got back home we were tired.
Sunday was a driving day.
We visited four places: Batalha Monastery, tomb of Prince Henry the
Navigator; the Shrine of Fatima; Pegadas de Dinossáurios de Serra de Aire,
Sauropod/dinosaur footprints; and the Convento Christo in Tomar, once a Knights
Templar castle. It was a wet and rainy
day, so we got very wet walking the 1.8 km dinosaur footprint trail. Then on the drive home from Tomar there were
a couple of accidents on the tollways that slowed traffic to a crawl. It was a 12 hour day by the time I returned
the car; and that is its own story. But
Sue found a great seafood restaurant two blocks from the hotel. I of course took too many photos.
The internet at the hotel is even slower than in Barcelona,
so I’ll just put one photo in this post.
I’ll try to catch up eventually.
Statue of Marquis of Pombal, and soldiers getting ready for the parade

No comments:
Post a Comment