Tuesday, November 6, 2018


November 6, 2018           Barcelona Thursday November 1st

OK this will be confusing, something I’m good at.  After posting about getting to Lisbon on Saturday I’m now posting about Barcelona on Thursday.

I’m trying to catch up, so this is about our visit to Antoni Gaudi’s Park Guell and Sagrada Familia.  I’ll spare you my labored descriptions, just Google these items.  Sue and I visited Park Guell nine years ago.  Entrance to the park was free back then; there were fees to visit Gaudi’s house and maybe one other building.  We didn’t visit either place.  The visit today was a little disappointing because now it costs to visit the park, and it is better to buy timed tickets to avoid the lines.  There are a few free areas that can be accessed, but I guess that is progress.  

We met Miro, Cathy, Steve and Hannah inside the park.  Steve was feeling a little light headed, but he toughed it out.  After the park we all went to the Sagrada Familia.  It is really a spectacular place.  I don’t know when or if it will ever be finished.  Just like a medieval Cathedral it has been in progress for over a century!

After the church we set off to find the Beer Garage, a craft beer bar.  Our trek was a true Google Maps walking adventure, but we eventually got there.  Each pair went their separate way for dinner.  We went to our favorite tapas place, Miro and Cathy went for Indian, and Steve and Hannah went for dinner in the Cathedral Plaza.  We met Steve and Hannah there where Sue loved a taste of Hannah’s pork, brie and tomato on bread, then it was home to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment