June 9, 2023 s'hertogenbosch or as it is known colloquially Den Bosch
We were off to visit the Jheronimus Bosch Art Center in the city of 's-Hertogenbosch, colloquially known as Den Bosch. It is a one hour train ride from Amsterdam Centraal. There is a non-stop train about every half hour. There is another art museum, the Noordbrabants Museum, and Sint Janskathedraal (St. John’s Cathedral) that we wanted to visit. At Amsterdam Centraal we saw many young people with backpacks and bags. We learned that they were going to a three day concert; it turned out they also got off in Den Bosch. It looks like they had enough stuff for at least a week. It was the Best Kept Secret festival.
We caught the 10:05 train and arrived at 11:01 per the schedule. It was about a 15 min. walk to the Jheronimus Bosch Center. The walk appeared to be through the center of town. It was quite a pleasant surprise. The streets we walked were lined with shops and restaurants. I took photos as we walked to the Center.
I made three photo albums: Jheronimus Bosch Art Center; Sint Janskathedraal; and the Noordbrabants Museum. Enter at your own risk.
Just a note about viewing the photo albums on your laptop. When you click on the link to the album I believe it opens with the title at the top and four photos underneath the title (could be three depending on the size of the photos). When you click on the first photo it opens. I believe the photo on a black background fills the screen. If I have added comments they appear beneath the photo. If the comments are too long to fit on the screen I think if you click on the text that will open a side panel that shows the complete text. Or at the top right of the screen there is a row of icons click on the circle with an i and that should open the side panel. Clicking on the X at the top of the side panel will close the panel.
No comments:
Post a Comment