Thursday, October 17, 2024

 Oct 13, 2024        Mount Stewart House National Trust Site

Sunday we were up early to have breakfast, and then call a taxi to get us to the #507 bus stop to get the bus toward Mount Stewart House.  The cab got us to the bus stop in plenty of time before the bus was due.  There were a few more people waiting for the same bus.  It didn’t take long for Sue to realize that she didn’t have her phone!!!  I called the hotel (I actually had to make an ‘international’ call) I asked the hotel to check our room to see if the phone was there.  We waited a couple of minutes and I called them back; the phone wasn’t there!!!  I then called the cab company and explained our problem.  The company checked with the driver, and he found the phone in the back seat.  He came back to the bus stop to give us the phone, and we gratefully paid for the delivery.  He actually got us the phone about 2 minutes before our bus arrived, whew!!!

The bus ride was about 40 minutes, and the stop was right in front of a “Call a Cab” office, the first photo in the album.  There was nobody inside, but there was a button to call the company and we ordered a cab to take us to Mount Stewart.  The cab showed up in a few minutes.  The cab ride to Mount Stewart House took about 10 minutes.  We confirmed with the driver that after we called for a cab (another international call) it would take about 15 minutes to pick us up, when we wanted to leave.  The cab would take us back to the same bus stop where we called the cab from the office in the photo.

We walked to the Mount Stewart House to find our 1001 painting.  I’ve added three links about Mount Stewart House if you are interested: the first two are info about the place

Mount Stewart - National Trust        Wikipedia Mount Stewart House 

The third is a Google Map where you can see the “green tree outline” of the property if you use your fingers to enlarge the view. 

Mt Stewart House

More information than you want. But I’ve got the time this afternoon as we recover after our trip to see two 1001 paintings at the University of Essex.  More on that in another post, maybe tomorrow.

2023 10 13 Belfast & Mt. Stewart 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment