Oct 18, 2024 British Museum - A History of the World in 100 Objects
It’s been a long day at home, Tuesday Oct 23 as I write this and I missed the ‘100’ Objects in my Oct 18 photos, so this gets us to 67/100. The three are of the 10 photos in the Oct 18 album and I’ve added them to the Oct 7, 2024 album. Are you confused? I know I am.
On our last day in London, Sue Googled Stumbling Stones, another thing we track down. We started this in Amsterdam, because you see them all over town when you are walking. If you don’t remember, these are small markers at or near the home of Jews who were sent to Nazi concentration camps and murdered. Google Stumbling Stones if you want to learn more. We started out to find the one “Stumbling Stone” that is in London. This first, and I think the only “Stone” was installed in May, 2022. We found the Stone was located near/in a small park named Golden Square. The park was only a 25 min walk from the hotel, so off we went. When we got to the park, we stopped to look around to figure out where the Stone could be. We were almost standing on it! We went into the small park to figure out how to get to the Royal Academy of Art. The park was pretty crowded, it looked like most of the people were eating lunch. After a short rest we set off for the Academy of Art which was only about a 10 min walk. The Academy doesn’t have a painting on any of my lists, but we do like art museums. As usual I took too many photos, but you expected that.
Next we were going to the British Museum to scout out more “100” objects. We also wanted to take photos of the two Mayan Lintels that the ESCALA has copies of. Then I would send the photos to Professor Giron. And that is what we did. Tomorrow we will return home.
No comments:
Post a Comment