Monday, October 21, 2024

 Oct 16, 2024    The Courtauld Gallery

We walked to the Courtauld Institute today, and I took some photos along the way.  If you use Google Image Search, (select the photo icon to the right) it can usually locate where the photo was taken.  The Courtauld is a place with many, many paintings, and I took photos of most of them, so be warned.  On each floor I thought I put a photo of the Courtauld’s info card that lists the era of the paintings on that floor (well I didn’t).  So I used the Info card for the 2nd floor for all three floors, so stay on your toes.  We started on the 3rd floor. 

They have many works by the Impressionists: Manet, Monet, Seurat, Cézanne, etc.  They also have many works by Peter Paul Rubens.  We are back home, and I don’t have much to add to what I’ve put on the photos.  I was able to reduce this album from 406 photos to a mere 333.    

Sue checked out what was in the theaters, so we could go to a show that evening.  We got tickets for Hamilton.  Sue has seen it before, I haven’t.  It was very energetic and very, very good.

The Courtauld Gallery 

No comments:

Post a Comment