Monday, June 26, 2017




June 13, 2017     Helsinki-Turku-Helsinki

The next morning we had breakfast across the street from the hotel.  It was perfect for Sue: bread, probably at least three different types of cheese, salami and other stuff I wasn’t interested in.  They didn’t have any “Bear Claws” dripping in frosting, I had to settle for a croissant with jelly.  Then we were on the train to see a painting in Turku.  Turku is a two hour train ride from Helsinki, we can do that standing on our heads.  I had mapped the 10 minute walk from the Turku train station to the museum; I print maps of just about everything just in case Google Maps isn’t working.  The map didn’t tell me that it was about a 300 ft climb up to the museum, we took it in stages.  It was still raining lightly, and it was cold.  It was a small but very nice museum.  They didn’t allow photos, lucky for you and me.  The painting “Summer” by Gunnar Berndtson is a really pretty painting.  The photo doesn’t do it justice, if you are ever in Turku make it a point to visit the museum to see this painting.  Then it was two hours back to Helsinki.  The weather was still nasty so we ate dinner at the McDonalds that was around the corner from our hotel and we called it a day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment