Tuesday, September 30, 2014


We saw #491 “Innenraum” by Anslem Kiefer at a special exhibition at the Royal Academy Art in London today.  We have tried to see this painting three different times in Amsterdam since 2008.  We have now seen all 11 painting in the Netherlands that are listed in the book.  The artist is still alive and painting.  His work is shall I say, interesting.  Many of his works are huge, perhaps 10 ft x 20 ft.  I am not a big fan of most of what I saw today.  I probably like the one in our list the best.  I read that it depicts what the bombed Reichstag in Berlin would have looked like.  Tomorrow we are off on another train ride to see another painting, and this may be another painting that doesn’t grab you right off the bat.  But we’ll see what we think when we see it in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment