Wednesday, March 14, 2018


We arrived at Heathrow around 11:30 local time, and arrived at our hotel by 13:30.  After unpacking we set off to see a painting attributed to Caravaggio at the Museum of the Order of St. John.  They order was known as the Hospitallers.  The museum is housed in St. John’s Gate; if you want more information about the Gate this is the Wikipedia page for the Gate:

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_John%27s_Gate,_Clerkenwell

The Order of St. John is apparently still an operating institution.  When we arrived, a meeting must have just ended as people who looked like they were board members were leaving the building.  It is a small museum so it is very easy to see everything, although some of the labels are very close to the floor.  
I took some pretty bad photos, and I didn’t post the worst ones.  We are resting up before heading out to a pub for dinner.  Tomorrow we are off to at least two museums where we expect to see six of the 1001 paintings.  Now I have to see if I can get the album attached to this post, and if the photos have their titles.  There should be a white area on the right that has the information I've added for each photo.  If not, then click on the small "i" in the white circle, this should show my comments.  Clicking on it again will expand the photo to fill the screen.  Let me know if this works.  I've learned that the first link did NOT work, so I've got a new link that I hope works.  Sue is going to try it and we'll see how it goes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment