Tuesday, March 27, 2018


Tuesday March 27, 2018                Nancy – Metz – Nancy

“We” did the laundry after breakfast, and then we set out for Metz.  There is a cathedral of course, and more importantly there is a Chapel of the Knights Templar.  I always make Sue watch the History Channel (or Nat Geo) shows about the Knights Templar.  The drive was only one hour.  After a little problem with the GPS taking us to the wrong parking garage we made it to the Cathedral.  The weather was crappy, cold with a light rain all day.  We didn’t stay long because of the weather.  Metz has a very walkable area around the Cathedral with many shops and cafes, and there are many large churches besides the cathedral.  Guess what Sue just found on TV?   It looks like a French version of Antique Road Show, and it looks like they are examining a statue of a knight.  It could even be a Templar, I think the expert valued it at 1200€.  I’m trying to see if I can phone in a bid.

                                                       Me at the small Templar Chapel



Tomorrow we are off to Colmar, there are two 1001 paintings there that we missed on our last visit, because I screwed up the museum opening times.  Hard to believe, I know.  I just confirmed today that the one 1001 painting in Basel, Switzerland that we haven’t seen is on display.  Basel is less than an hour train ride from Colmar, so we will spend a day there.  Sue’s next big decision is where we eat tonight.

I had to include a photo of our hotel room key/self-defense weapon, this is a real KEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment