Thursday, March 29, 2018


Thursday March 29, 2018              WW I driving tour around Ieper (Ypres) March 19, 2018

We are in Colmar, and Google Photos is working again.  The problems I had in London and in France until today must have been due to limits on the wireless networks I was using.  I have posted the photos I took of the WW I sites around Ieper (Ypres) Belgium on March 19.  Most of the sites we visited were places I researched before our trip.  We drove by many, many other cemeteries and monuments that we didn’t visit.  There are also the remnants of bunkers in farmer’s fields.  I can’t begin to describe the feelings we get by seeing all of these memorials almost everywhere we go.  The people who live here must have a different perspective about what war means when they drive by these cemeteries every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment