Saturday March 17, 2018 London
Well I’m two days behind, and I’ll probably get further
behind as we go. The weather really
changed late Friday night. Friday had
been sunny and in the mid 50’s, Sunday dawned with wind, snow and the mid 20’s. It was really nasty. But we pressed on regardless, there were
paintings to see. First we went to the
Kenwood House that is up near Highgate Cemetery, another one of our favorite
places. I’ll keep it short, we saw the
paintings we went to see, plus a few more.
On the way we saw an interesting funeral add. Then we went to the British Museum to
continue our search for items in the collection. On a previous visit we bought the book “A History
of the World in 100 Objects.” We have
seen 62 to date. I thought we were going
to see seven, but we only saw three.
This brings our total to 65/100, so there is reason to come back.
We went to Saturday Mass at the same church we went to when
we were here for six weeks in 2014. The
Mass was only about 30 minutes long.
Well we had a different priest this time, but the Mass was still only 35
minutes start to finish. Then we went
back to a pub that we also used to frequent on that visit. Then it was back to the hotel to get ready
for our trip to France in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment