Friday Nov 22, 2019 – Amsterdam
On the way home from Delft Wednesday I took one more photo
of the Basilica. Thursday I went out to
get a couple of light bulbs that had burned out in a ceiling fixture. Of course
I took a few photos.
Friday started out with a little rain, but it cleared up, and
it was above 50 deg, so after “Homes Under the Hammer” and “ER” we went for a
walk to pick up my Pickpocket Proof Pants with a new zipper. It was a bit over 2 miles. On many of our
walks we will see a single glove or mitten on the ground. We would joke that we should pick them and
collect them so we could start a “Used Glove Store”. There was an ATM next to
the tailor’s so Sue got some cash while I picked up my pants. Sue felt good enough that we could start walking
back home. Well guess what? One of us
lost a glove! Can you guess who? You would probably be wrong, it was SUE! (I
do like exclamation points and quotation marks, and I like to repeat that a lot). Sue sat on a bench in the park when I was
taking photos of the monument. So that
might have been where the glove fell out of her coat. Well the glove wasn’t
there, so we continued tracing our route. We exited the park and were walking
along the street where I started taking photos, and we found the glove!!!! This
is amazing. I don’t know if we would have traced our path much longer, because
there was a tram line at the end of the block. That doesn’t matter now since we
found it.
Very happily we got on the tram and finished our trip
home. We had a late lunch and watched TV
of course. Then we Sue went to prepare
dinner she found that the lights on the Convection Oven were off. I checked the circuit breaker and it wasn’t
tripped. I turned it off and back on and that didn’t help. She then found that the Cooker that provides
170 deg water instantly wasn’t working either. Both the Convection Oven and the
Cooker draw high current, so that is the same for both. Everything else was
working, so it is a mystery. We are going out for a beer later tonight, in fact
maybe more than one.
No comments:
Post a Comment