Sunday, November 10, 2019


Sunday Nov 10, 2019 – Amsterdam Foodhallen

Sue had read about a new food hall in Amsterdam so that was our target for today.  We went to the Golden Bend so I could get photos to see how it looks compared to the paintings of the Bend that we saw at the Rijksmuseum.  The biggest difference are the trees.  There is at least one building looking East that is still the same in the painting and the photo.

Our next stop was the Allard Pierson Museum.  This is an archaeological museum of the University of Amsterdam.  The museum has collections related to the ancient civilizations of Egypt, the Near East, the Greek World, Etruscan, and the Roman Empire.  I took photos of some of the items in the collection, and some of the information cards, but not all. I hope it isn’t too confusing.  After the museum we took the new subway and a tram to the Foodhallen.  Per usual, we had a great time.  We will go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment