Tuesday Nov 26, 2019 - Den Haag
A one hour train ride to Den Haag to visit two museums we
been to before, and we were planning to go to the International Court of
Justice in The Hague.
A quick note on the photo of Sue with the Astronaut. We were walking to the Mauristhuis when we
saw a guy in the astronaut suit and two young ladies walking toward us. I of course started taking photos. Sue then asked these people who couldn’t have
been 25 where was the ‘Tang.’ They all responded in perfect English, what? So
Sue is trying to explain to them what Tang was. My almost 50 year old kids
probably don’t know what Tang was. In case you don’t know it was a powdered
Orange fruit flavored drink mix. It was pretty bad as I remember. The company
got a contract with NASA to include Tang with the astronauts’ supplies for the
moon missions. I think it was probably Johnny Carson who made the joke that
astronomers had identified an Orange spot on the moon, where the astronauts
were dumping the Tang.
The weather turned nasty after the museum visits, so we didn’t
make the trip to the International Court of Justice. We of course have been
there before to take photos. I don’t know if you can actually visit the court,
I doubt it, just take photos from the outside. We took the next train back to
Amsterdam, there is one at least every half hour. Went to Orloff’s a local bar
for a few beers and a Lebanese pizza with Tuna and Capers. Sue loved it, for me it was just okay. The
place became packed after a work group from Oracle showed up. It was a pretty
good way to end a full day. Warning: I
topped the number of photos in an album: 322.
I know what Tang is and liked it. Super sweet.
ReplyDelete