POSTED Feb 18, 2024
Feb 17, 2024 Mass at Església de Sant Ramon de Penyafort
We have been going to a different church for Saturday evening Mass, and tonight we are off to Església de Sant Ramon de Penyafort. It is about a 30 min walk from the apartment.
At the north end of Las Ramblas where it meets the Plaҫa Catalunya we came upon a tribute to Alexei Navalny. I’m curious this morning to see if the tribute has increased in size. I will let you know. Just got back, and the tribute hasn’t grown, but it is still there, unlike Moscow.
Església de Sant Ramon de Penyafort is a gorgeous church. It is also probably a parish church, because this was the largest crowd we have seen in any of the churches we have visited. This church is outside the Gothic area, where we are staying, so it makes sense that it is a parish church. We had to wait until after mass to take photos. Per usual with the information cards there were a couple of discrepancies, but not a big deal. I left the info cards in the album for your examination. You will note that the Main Altar was replaced in 1950. The previous one was burned in 1936, which was during Franco’s Civil War. This church was moved from its 14th-15th century location to its present location in 1882-1890. More than you wanted to know, but I’ve got the time, so you get all this wonderful information.
No comments:
Post a Comment