Sunday, February 25, 2024

POSTED Feb 25, 2024

Feb 24, 2024       Tibidabo - Sacred Heart of Jesus Church

Sue gave me permission to go up to Tibidabo by myself.  I mapped out the route, and it looked pretty simple.  Take the L7 train from Pl. Catalunya to Av. Tibidabo, about a 10 min ride.  Then walk 2 min to the stop for the 196 Bus, and take it for a 6 min ride to the Funicular Tibidabo.  The funicular ride is about a 4 min ride, and there I am.  Amazingly this is just how it went.  I texted Sue at each stop to let her know how I was doing.  When I got to the top I sent her a photo of the church.  Then I went into the church and started taking photos.  Per usual I have many comments on the photo. The quick summary is this:

Went to the area in front of the church to take photos of Barcelona.
Then went into the church and took photos of the Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Then I bought the 5 € ticket to get to higher levels of the church.
The elevator takes you to then next level, where there is another church.  I took more photos, as you will see.
Then I took the 140 steps to the top, just below the bronze statue of Christ, and then more photos.
When I had taken too many photos as usual, I walked the 140 steps back down to the level where I could take the elevator down to the first level.
Then I reversed my route home: funicular, Bus 196, and train L7 to Pl. Catalunya.  Then it was a short walk home.

2024 02 24 Tibidabo 

No comments:

Post a Comment