Friday, May 27, 2016



May 27, 2016,

Today we went on a walk of the Triumphal Arches.  The walk basically went around the Roman Forum, Colosseum and Palatine Hill.  These three sites are combined into a two day ticket, and it is one of the biggest attractions in Rome.  We visited the Colosseum ten years ago and you can see enough of the other two walking around perimeter, which is exactly what we did.  It is warm in Rome today 29 degC at least.  I tried to get photos of all the stops on the walk, some are more interesting than others.  There are stands being set up on the road that goes by the Colosseum so the crowds were probably heavier than normal.  The guided tours are the worst, but they are on vacation too, so I’ll cut them some slack  We walked a bit over five miles on our tour.  We have rested a bit and then we’ll do some grocery shopping.  We are out of beer and that is not acceptable.  Sue has cooked just about every night, some vacation for her, huh?  We just might go out for gelato later and who knows maybe I’ll try something besides vanilla and chocolate (I wouldn’t bet on it).  Sue is still talking about the Tartufo, but that is probably too long of a walk.  We are probably going to Castle Sant’ Angelo tomorrow on another walk.  I’ll report back tomorrow.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment