Saturday, June 11, 2016



June 11, 2016

Well we’ve really settled in to our same routine as at home, i.e. I usually get up earlier than Sue make a cup of coffee, turn on the TV (usually BBC Morning Show) and then read everything on the internets.  Sue gets up a bit later, makes her coffee and then tries to catch up on Facebook.  This lasts until the early afternoon when we may go out for a walk or to do a bit of shopping.  We did go to the Hermitage Museum to see an exhibition of what else? Dutch Art.  I won’t bore you with the details, but it was very nice.  I’ve been checking some of the other Netherland museums to see if they might have interesting exhibits, but nothing to make us run out for a visit.  We will visit Leiden, Delft, The Hague and Haarlem eventually.  I had been considering going to Eindhoven because the museum there had 10+ paintings very similar to 1001 paintings that are in private collections.  Fortunately for us the museum’s web site lists what works are on display, and there is only one.  This is pretty typical for Contemporary art.  So we’ll just keep that on the back burner for now.  That is it for now.  I don’t even have any photos to post.  We are watching the Euro 2016 footie match between Albania and Switzerland, and Switzerland is leading in the 14’ 1-nil.  I imagine you could care less about this than my boring posts about art.

No comments:

Post a Comment