Thursday, June 23, 2016



June 23, 2016

We visited the Six Collection this morning.  I’ll describe our visit this way, if you ever visit Amsterdam you MUST take this tour of the collection.  It took an hour, but we wished it lasted longer.  We were joined on the tour by another young couple and a single lady who knew a lot about Dutch art and artists.  The tour guide was a young lady who was almost as tall as me.  She was excellent.  I’ve added the famous Rembrandt painting to the photo album, because I know you want to see it.  The collection has paintings by many famous Dutch and Flemish artists.  The house is a 17th century canal house and it has many interesting features, but I’ll spare you the details.  This afternoon we are going to the Van Gogh Museum.  We’ve been there a few times already, but it is still a great place to visit.  
 
Amsterdam June 23 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment