Tuesday, July 4, 2017



June 26, 2017     Budapest-Vienna

I’ve posted the albums for June 22, 23, 24 & 25, and I haven’t curated the albums.  

We got back to Vienna early enough to visit a fourth Museum, the Albertina.  We of course had visited it back in 2012.  One of the famous paintings/drawings it has is the “Hare” by Albert Durer.  This time we were looking for substitutes for 1001 paintings that are in Private Collections, and we found a couple.  I’ve put them at the start of the album.  You can judge for yourself how close the substitutes are to the paintings on the 1001 list.  

I then proceeded to take photos of just about every painting in the gallery (only a small exaggeration).  That is all for now because we will be going out for a beer and then dinner.  Now I have to go collect our boarding passes that the hotel has printed for us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment