July 5,
2017 Amsterdam to Chicago
Today
was going to be a LONG day. Our flight
from Amsterdam to Stockholm was at 11:00, and as our usual practice we were at
the airport about three hours early. We
had a 3.5 hour layover in Stockholm and then about a nine hour flight
home. We would arrive in Chicago at
18:30 local time: an 18 hour day.
Just
because I do this kind of thing here is a summary of our travelling:
We took
20 trains and one ferry the total scheduled travel time was 66 hours.
We always get to the station early so I’m estimating we waited 15 hours.
We took six flights for a scheduled time of 26 hours.
We waited at the airports for about 12 hours.
We took two funicular rides for about 10 minutes
We always get to the station early so I’m estimating we waited 15 hours.
We took six flights for a scheduled time of 26 hours.
We waited at the airports for about 12 hours.
We took two funicular rides for about 10 minutes
Our trip
covered 41 days, May 26th to July 5th and we spent about five
days on planes, trains, one ferry and two funiculars. This could be the last time we do something
like this. However there are 18
paintings in France outside of Paris and that could make an interesting driving
tour.
We saw
34 paintings on the 1001 list on this trip, including substitutes, and are now
up to 651/1001.
We saw 7 of the 8 possible Jan van Eyck paintings.
We saw 3 of the 4 possible Paintings that Changed the World PtCtW.
We saw 4 of the 5 Caravaggio paintings.
We saw 2 of the 2 La Tour paintings.
I haven’t counted up the Leonardo and Michelangelo paintings, sculptures and drawings, because no one cares but me.
We saw 7 of the 8 possible Jan van Eyck paintings.
We saw 3 of the 4 possible Paintings that Changed the World PtCtW.
We saw 4 of the 5 Caravaggio paintings.
We saw 2 of the 2 La Tour paintings.
I haven’t counted up the Leonardo and Michelangelo paintings, sculptures and drawings, because no one cares but me.
And Sue
is adding in here…6 different currencies.
Since I am the banker in the family, I had to deal with this. We have Russian rubles, Polish zloty, Hungarian
forints, Danish krone, Czech koruna and the good old euro sitting in baggies
ready for another trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment